Loop Input Cable Output Signal Connections
1. Remove a sufficient amount of the cable jacket from the 1. Connect the Yellow wire from the 917-1S detector (Normally Open)
18AWG 1-Pr shield loop input cable to permit a to the IN position on the V/DET Terminal block of the Center comfortable working length. Module.
2. Remove the shield and drain wires from this end of the 2. Connect the Brown wire from the 917-1S (Common) to the cable. COM position on the V/DET Terminal block of the Center Module.
3. Strip the insulation back 1/8" on both conductors.
4. Solder one conductor of the loop input cable to the Orange wire of the 917-1S detector.
5. Solder the other conductor of the loop input cable to the Red wire of the 917-1S detector.
6. Wrap each soldered connection in electrical tape or heat shrink tubing.